Sleep deep, dream big.
These four words reveal the vital role sleep plays in your manifesting journey.
In today’s hustle culture, we are taught to prioritise work and success over sleep and self-care, when in actual fact, it is sleep and self-care that are vital for success.
Manifesting is a self-development practice that allows you to grow into the best version of yourself. It’s about nurturing your mind, body and soul to help you tap into your limitless potential. This beautiful practice helps you cultivate more self-love, self-care, gratitude and good feelings into your life.
We must make sleep our favourite form of self-care as it helps us to feel good and feeling good is the key to manifesting. According to the Law of Attraction, if you are feeling good, you are vibrating at a high frequency and will attract that back to you.
The more good feeling emotions you experience, the more of those good feelings you attract back to yourself. In fact, one of my top secrets to manifesting the life of my dreams is a good night’s sleep.
My grandfather would always say – ‘Early to bed, early to rise, makes one healthy, wealthy and wise.’ How right he was. If I am not sleeping at a reasonable hour, getting 8 hours of quality sleep a night and rising with the sun, I am none of those things.
Everything begins with a good night’s sleep. If you wake up after an 8-hour restful sleep, you are refreshed and recharged – ready to take on the world. Your brain will function at its optimal level and you will have more focus, concentration and energy to keep you at the top of your game.
And on the other hand, if you wake up sleep deprived, you will weaken your immune system, be fatigued, irritable, experience brain fog and memory lapse. You may find your self-esteem and motivation drop, which both lead to keeping you stuck where you are rather than utilising that time to level up your life.
Tips for a good sleep:
- Regularise your sleep pattern – go to bed at the same time everyday and wake up at the same time everyday, including weekends
- Reduce your intake of alcohol & caffeine
- Avoid napping in the daytime
- Regular exercise (but not too close to bedtime)
- Switch off your electronic devices an hour before bedtime
- Avoid eating or drinking liquids too close to bedtime
- Create an evening ritual before bed to help you unwind such as a hot bath, meditation or reading
- If you are in bed and can’t fall asleep, go into another room and return to bed when you are sleepy
- Prepare your bedroom for a restful sleep – declutter your surroundings, dim the lights, play some relaxing music
As part of my bed-time ritual, I unwind with a hot shower while listening to a spiritual discourse. I then perform my skincare routine and lather on some lavender body lotion, quieting my mind and being present in the moment. I spritz my pillow with my favourite CBD Pillow Mist by OTO and climb into bed. I say a prayer and practice gratitude, while I close down my eyes and drift off into dreamy slumber.
Sleep deep to dream big.
Article written for OTO: https://otocbd.com/journal/post/sleep-deep-dream-big-the-importance-of-good-sleep-for-manifesting